I am very happy to participate in this blog hop because I have an opportunity to share one of my favorite books. It was a difficult decision to pick just one book to share because I have a variety of math books that I enjoy.
I would like to introduce……..
- First, teaching +1 and +2 addition facts
- Then, teaching +0 addition facts
- Next, teaching +10 addition facts
- Then, teaching the doubles facts
- Lastly, teaching the facts that make 10 (ie. 6 + 4, 7 + 3, etc.)
Interesting Features from the Book
Each chapter contains the following components:
- Big Ideas for the foundational facts
- A literature link- Yes, this book incorporates literature for each of the foundational facts.
- Games & Activities that align with each of the foundational facts.
- Ways to build automaticity through targeted practice.
- Connections to subtraction
This book also contains a study guide for professional learning communities. That section of the book has questions that align with each chapter for the book study.