- The teacher provides an explanation, description or example of the new word.
- The teacher should ask the students to restate the explanation, description or example of the new word in their own words.
- The teacher should ask students to create a picture or graphic representation of the new word.
- Students should be engaged in activities that helps them add to their background knowledge of the words in a notebook.
- Students should discuss the vocabulary words with a partner or classmate.
- Students should be involved in games that allow them to practice the words.
I will share 2 strategies that I use to reinforce vocabulary.
The Frayer Model
Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog. Be sure to visit the other bloggers who have participated in this link. Click on the button below: