Every minute of the instructional day is precious. There is never enough time to do it all!
How can I help kids review math skills in a fun way, but still make sure they are learning? It has to be easy to implement and meaningful. These were some of the thoughts that ran through my mind and where the idea for Flip and Go Math Cards began.
What are They?
Flip and Go Math Cards are mobile task cards that were created to help teachers in grades K through 5 maximize instructional time and reinforce math skills throughout the school day. They are easy to assemble, and pick up anytime for teaching.
So, Why Should I Use Them?
The math task cards:
- offer an alternative and engaging way for students to practice math skill and concepts
- can be easily integrated into your daily routine
- are aligned to grade specific Common Core Math Standards
- expose students to a variety of question types (ex. multiple choice, true or false, multiple response, fill in the blank, etc)
- require students to think critically
- can serve as a formative assessment to see where your kids are
When Can I Use Them?
There is a lot of flexibility with these math task cards. They can be used to reinforce math skills:
- during small group time or math centers to differentiate instruction
- as morning work for students that need practice with specific math skills
- during whole group lessons as a warm up to “hook” kids in
- for early finishers that need extra practice with a specific math skill
- during whole group lessons as a closure to do a quick assessment
- when playing math games like SCOOT to make math FUN
- when reviewing for state testing to reinforce skills and concepts
How Much Time Will It Take?
That is the great thing about Flip and Go Math Cards, it all depends on the purpose. The activities can be as short as 5 minutes (ex. hallway review) or last as long as 20 minutes (ex. math centers, playing SCOOT). They are intended to be flexible so that you can maximize your instructional time. Use them how you see fit in the amount of time that you have available.
Ok, Is Are They Easy to Make?
These are very easy to assemble. Simply print, cut and go! And if you want to keep them all together, don’t forget to put a ring on it.
That Sounds Great! Where Can I Find Them?
Each bundle includes 10 different sets of grade specific math task cards. Check out a FREE SAMPLE. Click here to learn more and scroll to the bottom of the page to download a sample.